Getting Started with Lecture Capture
The Instructional Technology Center, located in Duffy 019, is equipped with cameras, an electronic whiteboard and provides a quiet setting to practice creating video content or for pre-recording any video lecture. In addition, IT has a loaner program for borrowing lecture capture video cameras and related equipment for use in the classroom, at home or for any onsite location requirement. Many laptop computers are now equipped with built-in camera and microphone capabilities which are compatible with the Panopto Recorder.
Provisioning your eLearn course
From within your eLearn course, add the "Panopto Content" nugget to either the Home page or the Resources Page.
- 1. Click the Edit Page link
- 2. Click "Add Components" and scroll to find the Panopto Connector. Check the box and click "Add Selected". Save the page.
- 3. Mouse over the nugget's blue title bar and click the "Edit Pencil" to open the edit mode
- 4. Click "Add this course to Panopto" and Save.
- 5. The Panopto Content nugget will provide access to all of your completed course videos
Essential Recording Tools
The Panopto Content nugget also provides a link to the Recorder download. All Stonehill computers have the Panopto Recorder installed as a standard feature. The download is available for computers that have not been previously provisioned. Look for the Panopto Recorder icon on the desktop.
If you don't see the recorder icon on your desktop follow the instructions below.
- 1. Click the Windows or Mac Download Recorder link and follow the directions to install