Device Registration Pretest
This utility allows students to pretest their devices for compliance before they come to campus. The results will offer guidance on any required operating system or antivirus updates.
1. To start the process, go to the Device Registration Pretest page that is displayed below. Click the "Download" button, and run the application. If you need more detailed instructions specific to your operating system, please see our Device Registration Pretest Instructions.
2. When you begin the pretest, a window will appear that will begin scanning your machine:
3. When the scan is complete, if your machine passed the test, you will see a window indicating that your computer passed the compliance test. You are now ready to register your machine with the Stonehill Network when you arrive on campus!
4. If your machine failed the pretest because of Anti-Virus software requirements, you will see a browser window that gives the reason for the failure.
IT provides Symantec Endpoint antivirus software for students that do not have their own antivirus protection. Students may download Symantec Antivirusby logging in with their Stonehill account. It is important to note that you must type "stonehill\"before your username. For example, type "stonehill\username" and then your password to connect.
The three reasons you might fail the Device Registration Pretest are:
- if your computer does not have antivirus software installed
- if your antivirus definitions are out of date
- if your computer needs an operating system patch
Please visit the Antivirus page for information on how to download and install Symantec End Point. If you need to update your antivirus definitions, run your antivirus program and choose to update your antivirus definition file from within the program.
Once you've taken care of the changes the Device Registration Pretest suggested, re-run the pretest and see if your computer has passed for compliance.
If you have any questions, please contact the IT Help Desk.