Adding a Drop Box in Your eLearn Course
A drop box allows students to upload papers and other documents for grading. If assignment options are set, the grades will appear in the Gradebook. A grading rubric can be used when grading the assignments. The drop box is added in the same way as the other content items: by selecting Add Content and then Drop Box. There are some settings that are specific for the drop box.
1. The Content tab has a Directions area for adding instructions and other pertinent information.
2. The drop box settings include a Submission tab.
a. Max Submissions allows you to set the number of times students can submit assignments into the drop box. The range is from Unlimited to 10.
b. The Message Box is a text area in which the student can enter text. Because the text cannot be formatted, it should be used only for shorter assignments. It can be either enabled or disabled; disabling it will prevent it from displaying.
c. Enabling Attachments will allow students to upload documents as attachments.
3. Review is another tab specific to the drop box.
4. There are three User Review settings:
● Normal allows students to see their own submissions after they have been submitted.
● Peer Review allows students to read each others' submissions.
Note: Although students can see all documents submitted, they do not have access to any grades except their own.
● Disabled will not allow students to see any submissions.
5. The Assignments tab allows for grading rubrics to be selected to be used with the drop box assignment. In the following figure, the Orientation rubric is selected. (The other components within the Assignments tab are completed in the same way as other content items.)
6. Click Save when all settings have been added.