Adding a Syllabus to your eLearn Course
A syllabus can be added by using several methods:
- Upload a syllabus document in Word, RTF, PDF, or HTML format.
- Link to a syllabus on another website.
- Use the built-in syllabus template.
- Create a syllabus page using the HTML Editor.
You may add a syllabus by going to the Resources Tab and clicking the Settings (pencil) icon on the Syllabus component and following these steps:
1. Click the drop-down list underneath Syllabus Source text to select one of the methods to add the syllabus:
- Default Template. The built-in template; the syllabus is developed by completing all pertinent fields within the template.
- External URL. Allows input of an external link to a syllabus.
- Upload a File. Allows uploading of the syllabus file.
2. If Default Template is chosen, complete all information as shown in the following figure, and then click the Save button.
The syllabus will display when the Course Syllabus link is clicked within the Syllabus component.
If Upload a file is selected, the screen will change so that the syllabus file can be uploaded.
a. Click the Browse button to navigate to the syllabus file.
b. After the file has been selected, it will appear within the File field. Click the Update button to complete the procedure.
The file will appear when the Course Syllabus link in the Syllabus component is clicked.