Getting started with the SPAM Filtering Service
Stonehill employees use their SPAM Filtering Service (SFS) to manage messages quarantined as SPAM. New employees will receive e-mail notifications soon after IT creates your Spam Filtering Service account with Subject: Stonehill College First Junk Email Safely Quarantined. This email includes the URL for the SFS and your password. Another message will indicate that Stonehill College has Activated your New Mail Services!
All other messages will have the Subject: Quarantine Summary for quarantined messages. You can manage your quarantined messages through these messages sent from the SFS. To move messages from the list to your Inbox, click Deliver.
You can also login to the Spam Filtering Service to see your quarantined messages for the last 14 days. The Spam messages are deleted from the SFS after 14 days.
Open your web browser and go to:
The login page will display:
Enter your email address and password. You will be given an option to change your password as displayed below.
If you want to change your password please enter your current password, a new password then confirm password, click Save Changes. Your quarantined messages will display.
Managing your junk mail
1. If a message is not true junk mail, you can send it to your Inbox by placing a check mark and click Deliver Selected. You may select more than one message for delivery before clicking on Deliver Selected.
You will be prompted with the Messages Delivered window. To white list the sender(s), place a check mark under Approve Senders then click Approve Selected Senders.
2. Messages stay in your quarantine for 14 days before being automatically deleted. You have an option to delete them anytime. To delete a message, place a check mark and click Delete Selected.
Messages stay in your "Trash" for 2 days so you can recover them if you accidentally deleted them.
Adding Addresses to your Allow List (Approved Senders)
An Allow List is a collection of trusted addresses that are allowed to bypass the spam filter and send e-mail directly to your account. It is easy to add new addresses to this list.
Login to your Message Center
• Click on 'My Settings'
• Click on 'Junk Settings'
• Click on 'Approve Senders'
• Enter the approved sender's e-mail address into the 'Approved Senders' box
• Click on the 'Update Approved Senders' button
When you finish using the Spam Filtering Service, be sure to click the Log Out link.