Stonehill has partnered with Panopto to offer all-in-one video capture capabilities. The Panopto platform brings video recording, webcasting, video content management, search, editing and more to any Windows or iOS device.
Panopto has been integrated with eLearn providing easy access to the tools you need to begin recording as well as to the videos created for viewing. Adding the "Panopto Content" nugget to your eLearn Home page (or Resources page) opens the door to complete classroom capture capabilities. By default, only students enrolled in the course are able to view your videos. Changing permissions is optional for public broadcasting or to select specific audiences. Record lectures, mini-lessons, training sessions and presentations. Students also have the ability to record from their computers or mobile device and easily upload for display in eLearn. All Stonehill computers are equipped with the Panopto Recorder for faculty and student use. For information about how to get started using Panopto, please refer to the links below under Getting Started.
- View recordings from any eLearn course
- Easy to use recorder & editor
- Hosted solution for fast uploading of videos
- Simple to configure audiovisual hardware
- High-quality playback regardless of network conditions
- One-click webcasting turns any presentation, class, or conference into a live web event.
- Capture guest speakers for future classes.
- Free up class time for group work and class discussion.
- Improve retention by recording material for on-demand review.
- Personalize learning with online access to course content.
- An alternative for students who miss class due to illness or sports.
An Endorsement of Panopto
Showcase Examples and Case Studies
- Equipment requirements
- Configuring eLearn
- Download the Panopto Recorder- (for your own personal computers) Faculty have the option of using the eLearn Panopto content nugget to access the Recorder download. Students will need to follow these instructions to access the Recorder. All Stonehill computers are currently equipped with the Recorder feature.
- Creating a Panopto recording on a PC
- Creating a Panopto recording on a PC (video)
- Creating a Panopto recording on a Mac
- Using the Panopto iPhone/iPad App
- Panopto FAQs
Please contact Jan Harrison, Manager of Instructional Technology, at x1096 for complete details and help with getting started.