Connecting to the Central File Share (Windows 7)
1. Select the Start Button in the lower left-hand corner of your screen, right-click on Computer from the Start Menu and select "Map Network Drive..." from the list that appears.
2. The Map Network Drive window will appear. Any drive letter that appears in the Drive field is fine as Windows will automatically select the next available drive letter.
If you know the path of the Department File Share you are mapping to, type it into the Folder field. Please refer to the List of CFS folders by Department if you need the Department File Share folder path.
Make sure the "Reconnect at logon" box is checked off and then select the Finish button.
3. A new Explorer Window will open, displaying the contents of your Department File Share (aka Mapped Network Drive).
The drive letter that was selected will be shown to the right of your Department File Share as it is listed underneath the Computer heading on the left-hand side of the Explorer Window.
4. To create a shortcut on the desktop to your Department File Share, simply click and hold onto the title of your Department File Share on the left-hand side of the Explorer Window.
Then, drag the Department File Share from your Explorer Window, onto the Desktop.
5. Release the icon on your Desktop to create the shortcut. A double-click on this shortcut will open a new Explorer Window that displays the contents of your Department File Share.