Connecting to the Central File Share (Windows XP)
1. On your Desktop, right-click on the My Computer icon and select "Map Network Drive..." from the menu that appears.
2. The Map Network Drive window will appear. Any drive letter that appears in the Drive field is fine as Windows will automatically select the next available drive letter.
If you know the path of the Department File Share you are mapping to, type it into the Folder field. Please refer to the List of CFS folders by Department if you need the Department File Share folder path.
Make sure the "Reconnect at logon" box is checked off and then select the Finish button.
3. The Department File Share you connected to (aka Mapped Network Drive) will open in a new Explorer Window.
4. To access your Department File Share again, simply double-click on the My Computer icon on the Desktop, and then double-click on your Department File Share which is listed under Network Drives in the Explorer Window.
5. To gain access to your Department File Share much faster, you can create a shortcut!
Do this by right-clicking on the Department File Share icon in the Explorer Window and select "Create Shortcut" from the menu that appears.
6. Windows will not be able to create the shortcut within the Explorer Window and will ask if you would like the shortcut placed on the Desktop instead.
Select the Yes button from this window and the shortcut to your Department File Share will be placed on your Desktop.
7. Once the shortcut to your Department File Share has been created on the Desktop, a double-click on this icon will bring you directly to your Department File Share.