Connecting to the Central File Share (Mac Users)
1. Seclct Go from the menu at the top of your screen and choose "Connect to Server..." from the menu.
2. In the Connect to Server window, type in the folder path to the Department File Share you would like to connect to. You must use the smb:// prefix to connect to Windows file shares.
Please refer to the List of CFS folders by Department if you need the Department File Share folder path.
3. The Connecting to Server status window will open followed by another window asking for your Stonehill credentials.
Enter your Username into the Name field and your Password into the Password field. Then, click on the Connect button.
4. A new Finder window will open, displaying the contents of your Department File Share.
5. To access your Department File Share faster, follow these additional steps to create a shortcut on your desktop.
Select Finder from the menu bar at the top of the screen and choose Preferences from the menu.
6. In the Finder Preferences window, make sure the "Connected Servers" checkbox is checked off.
The icon for the Department File Share you connected to will appear on the Desktop once you place a check mark in this box.
7. Right-click on the Department File Share icon that appeared on your Desktop and select Make Alias from the menu.
8. An Alias for your Department File Share will be created on the Desktop underneath the current icon for your Department File Share.
9. Drag the original icon for your Department File Share to the Trash to Disconnect. Leave the Alias you create on the Desktop.
10. Next time you want to connect to your Department File Share, simply double-click on the Alias you created and authenticate using your Username and Password.
A new Finder window will open displaying the contents of your Department File Share.