Adding a Non-Department User to a Department File Share
1. Occasionally, you may need to add a non-departmental user to a secure departmental folder. To accomplish, this please select the folder from within your department share that you wish to grant access to a non-departmental employee, then right click the folder and select Properties.
2. In the Properties window, click on the Security tab at the top, and then select the Edit button.
3. In the Permissions window, select the Add button.
4. In the Select Users, Computers, Service Accounts, or Groups window that opens, type in the username of the user you wish to give access to in the Enter the object names to select... field and select the Check Names button to verify the account.
The username you entered will expand to show the users name, followed by their Stonehill email address in parenthesis. Everything will be underlined as well to confirm the username you entered is correct.
Click the OK button to close this window and accept the added user.
5. Select the newly added account from the "Group or user names" list and click in the Modify check box in the Permissions box below.
Then, select the Apply and then the OK button.
6. Click on the OK button in the folder Properties window.
7. The new non-departmental account has access to the departmental folder. When sharing the information with the new user, please inform them of the correct folder path to reach the shared folder.
i.e. \\Fileshare\Information Technology\IT Photos