SPAM Filter Password Reset
The Stonehill College SPAM Filtering Service (SFS), which is powered by Postini, sends a daily Quarantine Summary which lists Email messages that were quarantined by the SPAM Filter. Simply clicking on the Deliver hyperlink will send the messages to your inbox. If you would like more control over your SPAM filter, you will need to log in to the SFS Message Center.
Here are the steps for logging into the SPAM Filtering Service for the first time.
1. You must have an email account for Stonehill faculty, staff, or affiliates to have access to the SFS. Open your web browser and navigate to http://login.postini.com.
2. At the login screen, enter your Stonehill Email address, enter XX as the password, then select the LOG IN button.
3. You will see the banner message that reads: "Invalid log in or server error. Please try again." Select the Forgot your password? link.
4. At the Forgot your Password? page, make sure the email address listed in the Your email address field is correct and then select the Submit button. Instructions on how to reset your password will be sent to your email inbox.
5. The email should arrive in your inbox immediately after clicking on the Submit button. In the Email, click on the hyperlink within the message to change your SPAM Filter password.
6. You will be directed to the Change Password page. Here, enter your new SPAM Filter password into the New Password and Confirm Password fields and then select the Submit button. Please note that this password is separate from your Stonehill password should be unique to follow best practice for information security.
a. Note the Password Requirements in the box to the right. Your password must:
|- Contain 3 of the 4 character types|
|English uppercase letters|
|English lowercase letters|
|Symbols (such as !, #, $, %)|
|- Contain at least 6 characters|
|- Not be a dictionary word|
|- Not be your Email address|
7. Once your SPAM filter password has been changed, you will see a banner message that reads: "You have changed your password successfully. Now you will be redirected to login page."
8. You will then be redirected to the SPAM Filter login page when you can login with your Stonehill Email address and the new SPAM Filter password you just created.
9. Upon login, you will be taken to your Junk tab where you can manage your Quarantined Messages. These Quarantined Messages are held in your SPAM filter for only 14 days. After that time, the messages are automatically deleted.
For more information on using Postini, the Stonehill College SPAM Filtering Service, please select the following links for instructional videos on each topic.
|Managing Quarantined Messages|
|Managing Your Approve List & Block List|