The first woman to graduate from Stonehill, Luice Moncey was a member of the Class of 1953. Women were first admitted to the College in the fall of 1951.
Luice Moncey ’53 reflects on her years as a student at Stonehill during Reunion 2008.
A group of female students walk down the stairs in Donahue Hall in 1955, by which time the number of women enrolled at Stonehill had increased to 48.
MaryAlice Conley Moore, founder of Stonehill's Chemistry Department, first came to Stonehill in 1956. Last Spring, the Women's Center at Stonehill was renamed the Moore Center for Gender Equity. Prior to that, the Office for Intercultural Affairs hosted the Moore Women's Programming Series.
Stonehill’s first female valedictorian, Mary Filippetti ’57.