Standard Classroom Instructions
Most of the classrooms on campus are setup with our standard configuration. These classrooms are equipped with a video projector and screen, DVD/VCR combination player, an audio mixer, a switch box to toggle between inputs, a PC desktop, and connections for a laptop. A document camera or an overhead projector are also in the standard classroom.
- Press and release the ON button on the Remote Control.
The lights under the projector will flash while the projector warms up
- this is normal.
- Desktop, laptop and document camera all use the display button
COMPUTER 1, connected to the Input switch-box. It is easy to go back
and forth between displays.
- If using the VHS/DVD unit, press the VIDEO button.
- To turn the projector off, press the STANDBY button twice.
Note: Laptop and desktop computer resolution should be set to 1024 x 768.
Change switch-box to indicate desktop, laptop or document camera.
Note: Any input changes take at least 5 seconds to appear on screen.
Display Podium Desktop:
- On the Extron panel, press the PC button, and the desktop will display on the large screen.
- Connect the VGA cable or HDMI cable to your laptop. Please note, if you are using a Mac laptop, you may need to use your VGA adaptor. To connect to the Internet, please plug the Ethernet cable into your laptop. If you need audio from your laptop, please connect the audio cable to the headphone jack on your laptop. Plug your laptop's power cord into the power socket located on the top right side of the podium.
- Turn on your laptop.
- On the Extron panel, press the LAPTOP Digital DP (HMDI) or Laptop Analog VGA (VGA) button and the laptop image should display on the screen. Even if this button is already lit, deselect and then reselect it now.
- If the image is not centered, press the AUTO IMAGE button on the Extron panel. This will center your display on the screen.
All audio is controlled through the volume dial on the amplifier.
Note: Please do not turn off the amplifier and make sure it is on.
- Use the remote Computer 1button and make sure the switch-box is on Document Camera (see instruction above)
- To turn the camera on - push the illuminated Power button on the camera base to activate.
- Aim the lens arm on the object below. Adjust the size using the Zoom dial located on the side of the lens arm.
- Focus the AF button on the zoom dial.
- Adjust brightness with the arrows on the camera base.
- Turn the camera off - use the illumination power button on the base to deactivate.
If you do not get a picture on both your laptop and the projector screen:
On Windows, hold down the following laptop keys simultaneously:
- The (Fn) key located on the bottom left of the keyboard, and...
- The corresponding monitor "F" key located across the top of the keyboard. The specific "F" key varies on laptops, therefore look for the "F" key displaying two monitor symbols or labeled (LCD/CRT). On most laptops, this will most likely be the F4 key.
On Mac OS X, navigate to System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement and then check off Mirror Display's.