Application Requirements and Credit Information
Before applying to the Stonehill in New York Internship Program, students should meet certain qualifications. These include:
- Your resume must be approved by a member of the Career Services team
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA and junior standing. Students who do not meet this criteria must obtain written approval (letter or email) from their faculty moderator prior to submitting an application.
- A level of maturity demonstrated by responsible behavior at Stonehill College
- Completion all application materials by the deadlines specified by the Office of Career Services
- Approval of the Director of Career Services and the Dean of Students
- The intention to grow, both on an academic and professional level, in a new city
Students participating in the New York Program are required to work at least 4 days a week for 14 weeks and will receive a total of 15 credits.
Credits are distributed as follows:
- 9 Credits: Internship in the student's major department pending the approval of the department faculty moderator.
- 3 Credits: Paper/journal/portfolio*
- 3 Credits: Course taken at Fordham University. Students should consult with their academic advisor and/or department faculty moderator prior to registering for a course*
* Requirements may vary by department
Applications for the Fall 2013 Semester are due on Friday, March 1st
Log into Career Connection and search Job #11082 to apply.
All candidates will be asked to complete a 30-minute interview with a member of the Career Services team.
For questions regarding the New York City internship program, contact the Office of Career Services at 508-565-1325