The library has a classroom space that is specifically designed to accomodate requests for library instruction. The primary purpose of this classroom is to provide students and faculty with a place for groups to learn library research techniques, taught by Reference Department Librarians. Stonehill College faculty, staff and students may reserve the room for class presentations, computer training sessions, etc. on a one-time or occasional basis. No semester-long reservations are permitted. The classroom is available to Stonehill students as a general purpose computer lab when it is not in use as a classroom. You must have a valid Stonehill computer account to use these computers.
- The library classroom is scheduled through the MacPháidín Library Reference Desk, 508-565-1203
- Training sessions conducted by Library Staff are limited to no more than three (3) sessions per day.
- Requests for using the room with the existing hardware/software setup, should be made at least one week in advance. Short notice requests will be granted when possible.
- Room requests that involve ANY changes to the existing hardware or software setup must be made with at least one month's notice. See Hardware/Software below.
- Reservations by non-Stonehill College groups may be accepted at the discretion of the MacPháidín Library Reference Department, but will not be confirmed until one week in advance of the requested date.
- The Library Instruction classroom is available during library hours only.
- The library classroom has 25 networked workstations, including one instructor workstation. They are IBM PC compatible Gateway computers with Windows XP.
- The room has a ceiling mounted projector, wall screen, ELMO visual presenter, and VCR
- Available software includes Internet Explorer, Netscape, Microsoft Office, and various library specific products as well as most applications that are available on lab computers around campus.
- There is no printer in the classroom. Access to Library network printers is available upon request.
- Requests for other software are granted at the discretion of the library, providing there is sufficient lead-time. We cannot promise to meet all software installation requests. No software requests that have been denied by the Information Technology department will be considered.