Rain Plan for Commencement
The 2013 Commencement Exercises are scheduled to take place outdoors on the Quad, even if light rain is falling. In the event of severely inclement weather the ceremony will take place in the Sally Blair Ames Sports Complex.
Weather Notification Via the Stonehill Information Line, WSHL, Channel 70, Facebook and Twitter
Notification of inclement weather conditions will be given about 7:30 a.m. on the morning of Commencement via the Stonehill information phone line: 508-565-5000.
If it is raining on Saturday:
- Rehearsal will be held at noon in Sally Blair Ames Sports Complex instead of the Quad.
- Baccalaureate Mass will take place as scheduled at 4:00 p.m. in the Sally Blair Ames Sports Complex.
If it is raining on Sunday morning:
- Commencement will take place in the Sally Blair Ames Sports Complex and graduates will assemble at 9:00 a.m. on the running track at the rear of Sally Blair Ames Sports Complex. If it is light rain the graduates will still process from Donahue Hall, students should check their morning email or call the Stonehill information line at 508-565-5000.
- Faculty will report to the second floor of the Sports Complex.
- Parking for graduates, families and guests will be in areas designated on the morning of graduation. Parking assistants will be on campus to direct you to available parking. Handicap parking will be available in the sports complex parking lot. There will also be a drop off area in front of the sports complex for guests with mobility difficulties.
Since rain will complicate traffic flow, please arrive extra early if the weather is threatening, and remind your family to come early as well.
- Only ticket holders are allowed for admission due to building capacity limitations.
- For non ticket holders, guests are invited to watch the ceremony on a large projection screen in Dining Commons "A" or the Hemingway Theatre and classroom 101 in the Duffy Academic Center.
- Note: Additional tickets are not available for indoor seating! Due to fire marshal regulations and capacity we are not allowed to admit more people. If the ceremony is held outdoors, there is plenty of standing room for non-ticket holders or you may bring a lawn chair for comfort. Hemingway Theatre and "The Hill" will be open with live, big-screen TV coverage of the ceremony, rain or shine.