Religious Studies Internships
Students who wish to pursue an internship in Religious Studies must submit an application to the Chair of the Department for approval at least ten days before registering for the internship.
As indicated on the application form, applicants must describe the activities they will pursue in the internship (for a minimum of eight hours per week) and the ways in which the internship draws from and contributes to their academic study of religion in the context of the field of Religious Studies.
- RS 475 Internship in Religious Studies
- RS 476 Internship for Campus Ministry
- RS 477 Internship in Parish Ministry
- RS 478 Internship for Catholic Campus Ministry
During the semester of the internship, students must:
- keep a journal or field notes,
- meet periodically with the prearranged member of the Department who will direct and grade the internship (with input to the grade from the intern's on-site supervisor), and
- submit by the last day of classes an academic paper of 10-15 pages on a topic that is related to the content of the internship and has been approved by the faculty director.
Normally only one internship of no more than three credits can count as one of the nine three-credit courses required for the major in Religious Studies. Ordinarily, a student shall have a 3.0 GPA to pursue an internship.
For additional information regarding internships, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.