Suggested Course Sequence: Early Childhood Education
Education students should consult with their education advisor to create an online 4-year plan and make adjustments as needed. Requirements for liberal arts/science major should be spread evenly over four years, as recommended by student’s advisor for that major.
- ED 104 Early Care & Education (offered fall only) (2 additional hrs/wk pre-practicum)
- PC 201 Developmental Psychology I
- ED 202 Reading: Theory & Instruction
- ED 210 Children in the Preschool & Kindergarten (3½ additional hrs/wk pre-practicum)
- ED 213 Inclusive Learning in Early Education (2 additional hrs/wk pre-practicum in special education)
- ED 220 Children’s Literature
- ED 301 Assessment & Analysis in Education
- ED 306 Speech & Language Development
- ED 312 Art, Music, & Movement for Young Children
- ED 314 Curriculum/Methods (1 additional full day/wk pre-practicum)
Note: In order to enroll in ED 415 Practicum: Early Childhood Education during their senior year, the early childhood major must: (a) hold a 3.0 GPA; (b) hold certification in CPR; (c) pass all sections of the Massachusetts Tests of Educational Licensure (MTEL); and (d) complete all Education coursework, or obtain consent of the Department Chair. ED 415 may be completed either fall or spring semester of senior year.