Most biology majors complete at least one course-equivalent internship before graduating. These are some examples of recent internships completed locally:
- Good Samaritan Medical Center: working with a Physician's Assistant
- Veterans' Administration Hospital Dental Clinic: working with patients
- Lloyd Animal Medical Center: assisting veterinarians
- Massachusetts Audubon Society, Moose Hill: environmental education
- Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection: compliance monitoring
- Natural Resources Trust of Easton: land use study
A number of Stonehill students have been invited to apply for semester-long internships abroad during their junior or senior years. Biology students are typically placed in world-class research or clinical facilities in major cities in Europe or Canada for a full-time research experience equivalent to five courses. Some students returning from these internships have had papers published in a research journal while still undergraduates.