Information for Parents
The Counseling Center and Testing Center (CTC) welcomes calls from concerned parents.
We would be glad to discuss:
- Concerns regarding your son/daughter
- The process of referring your son/daughter to the CTC
- Developmental issues of college-age students
- The range of services that are provided by the CTC
- Other on and off campus resources that may be appropriate
If you decide to encourage your son/daughter to make an appointment at the CTC, it is recommended that they make the initial contact by coming into the Center or calling us at 508-565-1331 during regular office hours (8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday). A part of the beneficial process of counseling begins with your child taking responsibility for his/her well-being by scheduling a first appointment.
Counseling meetings are fully confidential as set by professional and legal guidelines. Information can be shared with the expressed permission of the student or under specific exceptions defined by law.