The New Science Center’s design and construction should incorporate the following:
- Ergonomic laboratory, classroom and office spaces;
- Research laboratory design that will attract and retain first-rate faculty;
- State of the art environmental control of classrooms, laboratories, offices and instrumentation rooms;
- Potential for expansion as the science programs grow;
- A welcoming and attractive design that will foster interdisciplinary collaboration within the sciences and among all disciplines within the college;
- Environmentally friendly engineering and design principles.