Charitable Gift Annuities
Gift annuities consist of a simple one-page agreement, providing you guaranteed fixed income for life. Gift annuities may be created with a gift of $10,000 or more. The pay out rate is dependent upon the income beneficiary.
Stonehill guarantees to make your income payments to you regardless of how the Gift Annuity performs financially. Gift Annuities offer solid financial security as your annual income is secured by all of Stonehill College's assets, not just the principal amount of your gift.
- You can make a gift to Stonehill College and receive income for yourself, your spouse or a loved-one
- A lifetime guaranteed, fixed income
- Potential savings on current income tax, capital gains tax, and/or estate tax
Use our charitable gift calculator to provide gift annuity information based on your own age and gift amount. Rates are subject to change, please contact the Gift Planning Office for the most up to date information.
Charitable Gift Annuity Rates
Here's an example:
John, Class of 1956, is 72 years old. John would like to make a gift to Stonehill to support the business administration program using 500 shares of stock that he bought for $12,500 some years ago which have now appreciated to $25,000. Currently, the stock does not pay a dividend. John would like to benefit Stonehill, but also realize a personal income benefit from his stock.
Once John enters into a gift annuity agreement with Stonehill:
- Stonehill will pay John an annual fixed income for life of $1,350, a portion of which will be completely tax-free
- John will also receive a charitable federal income tax deduction of approximately $9,694
For more information, please call the Gift Planning Office at 508-565-1344