Click here to learn about events happening through the month of April that are part of the Anchors Leadership Development program. Registration is not mandatory, but encouraged so we can gauge interest and inform the presenters.
It is our intention that by participating in the components of Anchors, Stonehill students will:
- Develop a more complete understanding of themselves
- Understand and articulate leadership from both personal and professional perspectives
- Learn and value inclusive leadership talents and principles
- Identify and practice skills necessary for positive and productive relationships
- Become ethical leaders whose values are congruent with their actions
- Encounter opportunities to apply and reflect upon leadership abilities and practices
The following are examples of programs that will be offered by the Anchors Leadership Development program. All current students are encouraged to participate in these opportunities during their years at Stonehill.
- Leadershops and Trainings
- Speakers and Special Events
- Student Advisory Board/Leadership Team
- Certificate Program (tiered level experience)
The certificate program is a three-tiered, self-paced model by which students complete various requirements that progressively advances their understanding, competency and practice of leadership.
Stonehill students may apply to the certificate program during any of their years at Stonehill. Applications will be made available at the beginning of each semester. It is recommended that Tier I is completed in one semester; Tiers II and III may require two semester to complete. Only Tier I will be offered in Spring 2017.
Tier I - Self-Exploration
Tier II: - Groups & Relationships
Understanding more about group dynamics, leading and communicating effectively within a group, team building and motivation, and delegating.
Tier III: - Action, Society & Reflection.
Learning how to network, make meaningful decisions, become an involved citizen, and teach leadership skills.