All students studying abroad or interning for the fall semester must complete two important steps in order to return to housing for the spring 2014 semester:
1) Complete the Spring 2014 Housing Application in MyHousing between May 1, 2013 and November 1, 2013. To do this log in and click the button for “Apply Online”. This will ask you to electronically agree to our Housing Agreement. It will also ask you about housing preferences for the Spring Semester.
2) Complete Roommate Matching Section of MyHousing (If applicable). Roommate requests must be mutual and agreed to by all students.
- The online Application and Roommate Request section will remain available from May 1, 2013 – November 1, 2013.
- If your circumstances change:
- Contact the Office of Residence Life to have your application reset if you change building or other preferences.
- You can amend your roommate requests anytime until November 1st.
- Specific requests for rooms/roommates cannot be guaranteed.
- Students who choose to be placed by our office will be assigned to open rooms by class order then merit point totals from spring 2013.
- All spring housing assignments will be completed during the month of December and will be communicated to students via MyHousing and email no later than December 31, 2013.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Do I have send listserv messages or take other steps to find a room for myself for the spring semester?
A: No, all resident students returning in January will receive a room assignment for the spring as long as they have completed the Online Housing Application.
Q: What happens if multiple students request the same room?
A: In this case, we look to class standing (senior vs. junior) and spring 2013 merit point totals to break the tie and make this decision. We will also honor mutual roommate requests in chances that more than one person requests the same roommate
Q: What happens if my original housing plans for the spring change? What can I do?
A: Contact the Office of Residence Life.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us by telephone or email at any time. The main telephone number for Residence Life is 508-565-1290 and our primary email accounts are listed below.