Major Declaration and Change

Degree candidates must declare, and be accepted in, a major field of study prior to enrollment in their last 15 courses.

Starting with the Class of 2019, students must earn a 2.00 GPA in their major in order to graduate. The major GPA can be found on your myAudit.


  1. Complete a Declaration or Change of Major/Concentration Form.
  2. Obtain the signature of the Department Chair or Program Director of the major you would like to add. (Note: If changing majors, you do not need the signature of the Department Chair of your old major.)
  3. Sign the form and return it to the Registrar's Office, Duffy 112, for processing.
  4. You may also indicate a request for a new advisor on this form as well. If you do not indicate a preference for an advisor, an advisor for your new major will be assigned to you by the Office of Academic Services.


The Academic Departments below require that additional information be submitted with the Declaration or Change of Major/Concentration Form before approval will be granted.


All students wishing to declare a business major are required to attach a copy of their degree audit to the form.

Students wishing to transfer into Business from any Science or Liberal Arts major must receive the approval of Debra Salvucci, the Business Department Chairperson.

Undeclared Business (UNB) students wishing to declare a specific Business area of concentration (AC, FI, IB, MG or MK) must receive the approval of that specific area's Program Director.

Business Program Directors:

  • Accounting - Debra Salvucci ( 
  • Finance - Michael Mullen (
  • International Business - Jennifer Swanson (
  • Management - Hilary Gettman  (
  • Marketing - Eddie Rhee  (

Students wishing to change from one declared Business area of concentration (AC, FI, IB, MG or MK), to another, are not required to receive Departmental approval, but are encouraged to speak with the relevant area Program Director.


  • See Jared Green (, the English Department Chair for additional information.


  • See Kathy McNamara (, the Education Department Chair for additional information.


Students may enroll in two Majors, subject to the approval of the respective Department Chairpersons or Program Directors. This option must be requested by submitting the Major Declaration or Change Form along with an approved "Double Major Four-Year Plan" normally prior to enrollment in the student's final 30 credits. In some cases students may need to enroll in more than 124 credits in order to satisfy the requirements of both Majors.

Certain combinations of double majors are not allowed. Please click here for a list of Invalid Double Major, Major/Minor and Double Minor Combinations. 

Students who satisfactorily complete two Majors will receive one degree from the College, with this exception: If a student satisfactorily completes the requirements for two Majors, whether before or after the student's official graduation, a second degree will be awarded if the second Major's degree (B.A., B.S., or B.S.B.A.) is different from the first Major. The student will be given the option of selecting which degree will be presented at Commencement.


Interdisciplinary Studies is an individually designed major for students who want to accomplish intellectual goals outside a conventional major. Students interested in pursuing a Interdisciplinary Studies Major should contact Professor Peter Ubertaccio in the Martin Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies for guidance.

Learn more about the  Interdisciplinary Studies Majors