Businesses are starved for students who have skills in data and business analytics. Statistics gathered by major consulting firms state that over 65% of businesses are not able to hire students with adequate analytics skills. This Wintersession bootcamp course will provide students with an initial foundation in business analytics skills. This course is open to Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors. Students will be required to complete preparatory reading and work before the bootcamp. During the Bootcamp, student will learn topics such as:
- Day 1: Basics of data analytics and analysis software
- Day 2: Data gathering and preparation
- Day 3: Query development and SQL
- Day 4: Data mining techniques and basics of R
- Day 5: Visualization and data storytelling After the week-long bootcamp, students will complete a project of their own using either data assigned to them by the professor or data they find themselves. .