What is XFINITY On Campus™?
XFINITY On Campus (XOC) is an IPTV service from Comcast delivered through the Stonehill network. Whenever you are on campus connected to our wired or wireless network, XFINITY On Campus can deliver what you want to watch, when you want to watch it.
What devices are supported?
XFINITY On Campus is currently available for viewing on PC and Mac computers using a browser or iPhone, 4th generation or later iPod Touch, iPad, and Android devices using an app. Note that browsers may only be used on computers. XOC and content specific apps, like Watch Espn, are required for iPhones, iPads, iPod Touch, and Android phones and tablets.
How do I access XFINITY On Campus on my computer?
- Make sure you're on campus and connected to the Stonehill network.
- Point your browser to http://www.xfinityoncampus.com
- Start typing in the “Enter School Name” box and select Stonehill College.
- Enter your Stonehill username and password when prompted by our Central Authentication Service.
- Once authenticated, you will be on the XOC home page. In addition to watching, this page presents a number of options like Account, Support, Channels, and Apps.
- Click on the "Start Watching" button to launch the XFINITY On Campus player.
- Begin using the XFINITY On Campus player
How can I get Help for Xfinity on Campus?
Access the XOC home page after you’ve logged in and choose the Support option at the top of the page. You will be prompted to enter your name and email address the first time. The XOC support site has a searchable catalog of articles to help you get the most out of this service. If you are having a problem connecting to the campus network or with authentication, please contact the IT Service Desk.
Can I stream content from my mobile device to an AppleTV or Chromecast?
Streaming over AirPlay with an AppleTV or casting devices like Chromecast are not supported by XOC. To play content on a larger screen, you will need to connect your device via an HDMI or VGA cable to the screen. You may be allowed to stream or cast from content specific apps like Watch Espn. Information about these apps is available from the Apps option found at the top of the XOC home page. Most apps will ask you to choose a Provider. Choose Xfinity network. Then choose to sign in as an Xfinity On Campus customer and use your Stonehill username and password to authenticate.
Why does the XFINITY On Campus app say I am off-campus and won't let me watch TV?
To access XFINITY On Campus, you must be a current student, living in a residence hall on campus and connected to the Stonehill network. You may not be connected through the Stonehill VPN. Live TV channels marked TVGo may be watched when you’re connected to another network. Downloaded recordings may be watched from anywhere, like a bus, without being connected to WiFi.
How many devices can I register and how many shows may I watch simultaneously?
You may register 40 devices with XFINITY On Campus but only stream video to one device at a time.
How do I find a specific show and all of its upcoming episodes?
The XFINITY On Campus app allows you to search Video On Demand programs by name. All live TV channels, plus XFINITY On Demand TV shows and movies, that are provided to Stonehill are available for viewing on your device at any time on Campus.
Why are XFINITY On Campus channel numbers different than what I see on my TV?
XFINITY On Campus channel numbers match the Xfinity channel lineup in the Easton area, which may be different than your home service. If your TV is connected to the campus Cable TV service, it is still an analog service and has fewer channels than the XOC service.
Do I have to pay anything additional for XFINTY on Campus?
XFINTY on Campus is provided through our partnership with Comcast as part of our on campus TV service. TV services are available to Stonehill students living in on campus residence halls. Students may elect to individually purchase premium channels through the XOC subscription services.
What form of payment do you accept to subscribe individually to premium channels?
Comcast accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card at this time but are continually investigating additional payment capabilities and will introduce them whenever possible.
What is Comcast’s policy on refunds?
Services are paid one month in advance. Upon cancelling your service, you are entitled to continue watching your XFINITY On Campus premium channels for the balance of that month. Comcast does not offer refunds once a credit card has been charged.
How do I use the playback controls while I’m watching video on demand (VOD)?
Once a program starts, you will have access to a variety of on-screen options. The options will disappear when you stop using them. If you would like the options to reappear, simply click the screen.
- The bottom bar of the on-screen options displays your progress in VOD programs.
- The total time is displayed on the right.
- Your current place in the program is represented by the gray dot, with the time elapsed displayed above.
- You may move forwards and backwards in VOD programs by sliding the gray dot with your mouse.
- You may also pause VOD programs at any time by clicking the pause button.
Can I have two players running simultaneously?
No, you may only stream video to one device at a time.
What do I do if my video is slow, skipping or buffering?
To ensure best results for your stream, try the following prior to viewing:
- If possible, use a hard-wired internet connection
- If using a wireless internet connection, ensure you have very good signal reception
- Ensure there are no other internet applications utilizing your internet connection
- Ensure you have the latest browser versions installed
- Clear cookies and cache in you browser, typically by deleting browser history
If you have any problems after trying these tips, try restarting your computer and attempt viewing again.
What do I do if there is no audio/sound being projected and I can see video but can’t hear it?
The top bar of the on-screen options displays the volume of the program. The gray dot represents your current volume. You may adjust the volume by sliding the gray dot to the desired volume. You may also mute the sound by clicking the speaker without lines to the left of the bar, or maximize the sound by clicking the spe