Once you've created a new page in BigTree, or navigated to an existing page that needs to be edited, the steps listed below will assist you in updating your content.
Enter the title of your page within the Page Header field. You'll want this to match the same title you entered for the Navigation Title. The text you enter in this field will display at the very top of your webpage.
This field is optional, and is intended for a brief description on your page. This is not where you will enter the main content for your page.
This is the "meat and potatoes" of your webpage. Aside from the Page Features, Callouts, and Photo Galleries, most of the content on your page will be edited within this field.
You will use the toolbar at the top of the Page Content field to edit your content. Many of the buttons have similar functions to what you're already used to in such applications as Microsoft Word.
Headings and Paragraphs
The default heading for all text you enter will be in Paragraph form. This will be the heading you use to enter most of the content on your page. You have the option to select this drop down menu and choose from Heading 2, Heading 3 or Heading 4 to change how your highlighted text is displayed. These headings should be used for specific headings on your page, not for the bulk of your content.
If you have a quotation you'd like to separate out and emphasize, you can insert a Block Quote. To do this, highlight the text you'd like to modify and select the "quote" button on the toolbar.
Bold, Italic & Strikethrough
These all perform the same function as they do in your standard word processing application.
In most cases, underlined text on a website implicates a hyperlink that users can click on to navigate to another webpage. We ask that underlines are used sparingly or not at all.
Follow the steps below to create a link on your webpage:
- Highlight the text you want to turn into a hyperlink.
- Select the Insert/Edit Link button from the toolbar.
- In the Link URL field, type or paste the URL you'd like users to be directed to.
- From the Target drop-down menu, select one of the following options:
- Select Open Link in the Same Window if you are linking to another page within the Stonehill website.
- Select Open Link in a New Window if you are linking to an external webpage.
- If you want a title to display when users hover over the link, enter a title for the link in the Title field. This is a good SEO practice as well.
- Select the Insert button to finish creating your link.
- Insert a picture into your webpage by first selecting the Insert/Edit Image button from the toolbar.
- Select the Image Library icon , located to the right of the URL field to upload a new image from your computer, or to use an image that has already been uploaded to BigTree's file manager.
- In the Image Library window, navigate through the folder structure to select the image you wish to use by selecting it and choosing the Use Selected Item button.
- If you would like to use a new image, use the Upload File button to select an image from your computer and upload it into the Image Library.
- Once you select an image, a new screen will display prompting you to select an image size. These are predetermined sizes to set an image presentation standard for the Stonehill site.