During the registration process, all devices will be scanned to ensure they have the current operating system patch levels as follows:
- Microsoft Windows 8 and 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 7, Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Windows XP, Service Pack 3
- Macintosh OS X 10.4, and above
Please note that beta operating systems, such as OS X 10.10 Yosemite, cannot be registered on our network.
Antivirus software is required for all Windows devices, and highly recommended for Mac OS X. Antivirus software is pre-installed on all college owned devices, and for students who do not have antivirus software, IT provides Symantec Endpoint Protection for both Windows and Mac.
Any of the following antivirus software applications are acceptable:
- Microsoft Forefront
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection
- Microsoft Windows One Care
- Norton AntiVirus
- PCTools AntiVirus
- Panda AntiVirus
- Softwind AntiVirus
- Sunbelt AntiVirus
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Trend Micro
- Webroot AntiVirus
- ZoneAlarm Internet Security
If your system fails any of the above tests, you will be given instructions on how to update your system to be in compliance.
Please note that devices are re-scanned every 60 days. If you do not connect your device to our network for 60 days, your device is aged out and your device will be rescanned.