The following instructions are for the classroom in Merkert Tracy 328 and the conference room in Merkert Tracy 250/251 with the Extron Control System mounted on the wall. The Extron Control System allows you to operate the video projector, select the input for the projector, and control the volume. Projector screen control is also possible
To Operate The Projector
1. To turn on the projector, press the “ON” button on the wall-mounted control switch, located on the wall, near the door. (the screen will come down and the projector will warm-up within a few minutes)
2. Using the source panel (located adjacent to the wall-mounted control switch), select the desired numbered source button to the proper input (#1 is for Room 250; #2 is for Room 251).
3. If you wish to project to both screens at the same time, set source button on both panels to the same input (select #1 or #2).
NOTE: Projector must be on to hear audio.
How to Connect Laptop to Projector
1. Plug VGA cable (15-pin connector) into
2. Once connected, slide the cover of the floor mounted A/V panel below to reveal a female VGA (with female audio jack)
port. Connect the other half of your VGA/audio cable to it.
Troubleshooting Laptop Display
If you do not get a picture on both your laptop and the projector screen
Windows- hold down the following laptop keys simultaneously
The “Windows” key located on the bottom left of the keyboard and the letter "P" key, and make sure the setting is set to “Duplicate"
Mac OS X- navigate to System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement and then check off Mirror Displays.
Press and release the “OFF” button. The display “OFF” light will flash while the projector cools down. NOTE: You will not be able to restart the system until the projector cools down (and the OFF light stops flashing). This will take approximately 2 minutes.