- To install the VPN Client on a computer running Windows, first open a browser window (Internet Explorer, FireFox or Chrome), and navigate to https://vpn.stonehill.edu
- Enter your Stonehill username and password and click Sign In.
- Next, you will need to install ActiveX control. A message popup will appear at the bottom of your browser, just click the Install button at the bottom of the page. If Windows asks you if you are sure you want to run the ActiveX control, allow it to run.
- Once you have installed the ActiveX controls you should see the "Network Connect" page, with a Start button to the right. Click the Start button.
- If your machine does not have a Java client installed you will be prompted to install the latest version of Java by clicking the Run button at the bottom of the page .
- The next page will ask to install the "JuniperSetupClientATL ActiveX Control Module". Allow the ActiveX control to run by clicking Allow at the bottom of the page.
- You will now be prompted to download and install the connect software. Click the Always button, and the client will begin to download.
- Once the client is downloaded and installed , you will be brought back to the welcome screen. You should see "Welcome to the Secure Access SSL VPN, stonehill\username."
You have successfully installed the VPN Service on your computer, and are now connected to the Stonehill network securely via VPN! In the future you can easily re-establish a VPN connection, and connect to your departmental fileshare using Windows XP, Windows Vista/7, and OS X.