Most of the classrooms on campus are setup with our standard configuration. These classrooms are equipped with a video projector and screen, DVD/VCR combination player, an audio mixer, a switch box to toggle between inputs, a Windows desktop, connections for a laptop, document camera, sound capability, wired and wireless network access. In each of the rooms there is a remote control to turn the projector on and off.
- Press and release the ON button on the Remote Control.
Note: The lights under the projector will flash while the projector warms up.
- Desktop, laptop and document camera all use the display button COMPUTER 1, connected to the Input switch box.
Note: It is easy to go back and forth between displays.
- If using the VHS/DVD unit, press the "VIDEO" button.
- To turn the projector off, press the STANDBY button twice.
Note: Laptop and desktop computer resolution should be set to 1024 x 768.
Input Switch Box:
- Change the Input Switch Box to indicate Desktop (PC), Laptop or Document Camera.
- There are currently two different types of Input Switch Boxes.
- Model A has a row of buttons that you press to select the corresponding device input.
- Model B is a dial that you turn to select the corresponding device input.
- Consult the label above each input switch box to determine the device input model (see below).
MODEL A MODEL B
Display Podium Desktop:
- On the Input Switch Box, press button number 1 - PC or set the selector dial to A - COMP. The desktop will display on the large screen.
- Connect the VGA cable to your laptop.
Note: If you are using a Mac laptop, you may need to use your VGA adapter.
- To connect to the Internet, plug the blue Ethernet cable into your laptop.
- If you need audio from your laptop, connect the audio cable to the headphone jack on your laptop.
- Plug your laptop's power cord into the power socket located on the top right side of the podium.
- Turn on your laptop.
- On the Input Switch Box, press number 2 - LAPTOP or set the selector dial to B - LAPTOP. The laptop image should display on the screen.
All audio is controlled through the volume dial on the amplifier. Each device has a corresponding volume knob to control the audio level for that particular device. The MASTER volume knob controls everything. If you are not hearing any sound from your selected device input, please check the volume control for both the device and the MASTER volume level.
Please do not turn off the amplifier and make sure it is on.
- Use the remote Computer 1 button and make sure the switch box is on Document Camera (see instruction above)
- To turn the camera on, push the illuminated power button on the camera base to activate.
- Aim the lens arm on the object below. Adjust the size using the Zoom dial located on the side of the lens arm.
- Focus the AF button on the zoom dial.
- Adjust brightness with the arrows on the camera base.
- Turn the camera off, use the illuminated power button on the base to deactivate.
If you do not get a picture on both your laptop and the projector screen:
- On Windows, hold down the Fn (Function) key located at the bottom left of the keyboard and the corresponding monitor "F" ley (i.e. F4, F8, etc).
Note: Look for the "F" ket displaying two monitor symbols labeled "LCD/CRT."
- On OS X (Mac), navigate to System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement > Check off "Mirror Displays."