Students can now send a meeting request to set up a time to meet with any Stonehill faculty, staff or student, track if they accepted the request and receive a reminder when the meeting takes place. Using Office365, checking availability and sending meeting requests is easy.
- Login to your email and click the in the upper left corner.
- Select Calendar and click
- In the Event box, tell the recipient(s) what the meeting is about (e.g. Advising Session).
- In the Location box, tell your recipient(s) where this meeting will be held (e.g. Duffy 025).
- In the Start time and End time lists, click the meeting start and end times or edit the hour and minutes directly in the box (15 minute sessions are acceptable).
- Please note that in order to get the End time box to display, you must first select the Duration drop down menu and choose "Custom" from the list.This will allow a custom time for the meeting instead of the default 30 minutes.
- In the meeting request, type any information you want to share with the recipient(s). You can also attach files.
- Click Scheduling Assistant. The Scheduling Assistant helps you find the best time for your meeting by analyzing when recipient(s) are available.
- Click Add Attendees, and then type the recipient(s) names, email addresses, in the Required/Optional boxes.
You can search for attendees by typing in the Search box and then click the name from the results list.
A rectangle will appear when you click on the calendar. This rectangle represents the time slot in which you want to meet. Select the time you wish to meet with the faculty member. For Stonehill accounts, the free/busy grid shows the availability of attendees.
- After your attendees are added, to switch back to the meeting request, click OK.
- Click SEND.
- The recipient(s) will receive an email meeting request with the option to Accept/Decline or propose a new time.