The Device Registration Pretest allows users to test their computer for compliance by scanning for required software before they come to campus. The results will offer guidance on any required operating system or antivirus updates.
- Navigate to the Device Registration Pretest page.
- Click the Download button, and run the application.
- If you need more detailed instructions specific to your operating system, please see our Device Registration Pretest Instructions.
- A window will appear and begin scanning your machine.
- When the scan is complete, so long as your computer meets the minimum software requirements, you will see a window indicating that your computer passed the compliance test.
How to fix common problems:
- If you are a student, and your computer does not have antivirus software installed, you will need to install Symantec Endpoint . Stonehill employee computers already have Symantec pre-installed.
- If your antivirus definitions are out of date, open your antivirus program and update your antivirus definitions.
- If your computer needs an operating system patch, run Windows Update on a PC or run Software Update on a Mac.
After you fix the problem, re-run the pretest and see if your computer has passed for compliance.