Many of our classrooms are equipped with Extron Control Systems. The Extron Control System allows you to operate the video projector, select the input for the projector, and control the volume.
Turn Projector On:
- Press and release the DISPLAY ON button on the Extron panel.
The display screen comes down and the button lights will flash while the projector warms up. This could take 45 seconds.
- Once the display stops blinking, the projector has warmed up.
Note: Projector must be on to hear audio
Display Podium Desktop:
- On the Extron panel, press the PC button, and the desktop will display on the large screen.
- Connect the VGA cable or HDMI cable to your laptop. Please note, if you are using a Mac laptop, you may need to use your VGA adaptor.
- To connect to the Internet, please plug the Ethernet cable into your laptop.
- If you need audio from your laptop, please connect the audio cable to the headphone jack on your laptop.
- Plug your laptop's power cord into the power socket located on the top right side of the podium.
- Turn on your laptop.
- On the Extron panel, press the LAPTOP Digital DP (HMDI) or Laptop Analog VGA (VGA) button and the laptop image should display on the screen.
Even if this button is already lit, deselect and then reselect it now.
- If the image is not centered, press the AUTO IMAGE button on the Extron panel. This will center your display on the screen.
Troubleshooting Laptop Display
If you do not get a picture on both your laptop and the projector screen:
On Windows, hold down the following laptop keys simultaneously:
- The Fn (Function) key located on the bottom left of the keyboard, and...
- The corresponding monitor "F" key (i.e. F4, F8, etc.) located across the top of the keyboard. The specific "F" key varies on laptops, therefore look for the "F" key displaying two monitor symbols or labeled "LCD/CRT".
On OS X (Mac), navigate to System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement, and then click in the box next to "Mirror Displays" to place a check mark in the box.
- To turn the camera on , press the illuminated Power button on the camera base to activate.
- Aim the lens arm on the object below. Adjust the size using the Zoom dial located on the side of the lens arm.
- Focus the AF button on the Zoom Dial.
- Adjust brightness with the arrows on the camera base.
- To turn the camera off, use the illuminated Power button on the base to deactivate.
Display DVD & VCR:
- On the Extron panel, press either the DVD or VCR button, and the video will display on the screen.
- Turn on the DVD player or the VCR by pressing the Power button on the left side of the deck.
- Insert your DVD disc or VHS tape into the player.
- Adjust your volume level with the Volume control knob on the Extron panel.
- Press and release the DISPLAY OFF button.
- The display screen will roll up and the DISPLAY OFF light will flash while the projector cools down.
NOTE: You will not be able to restart the system until the projector cools down (and the DISPLAY OFF light stops flashing). This will take approximately 2 minutes.