2. Choose Mail from the app launcher in the top left corner of the screen, if you are not already in the Outlook Web App.
3. Select the gear icon (Settings) in the top right corner of the screen.
4. From the Settings menu, choose Office 365 under the My app settings heading.
5. On the Settings page, with Settings selected from the column on the left, select Software.
6. On the Office page, click the Review system requirements link and make sure that your computer meets the system requirements to install the software. (Office 2011 for Mac OS 10.6 - OS 10.9 or Office 2016 for Mac OS 10.10 and higher).
7. Click the Install buttonto download the installer. You may need to save the install file to your machine.
8. When the download is complete, the installer will start. If the install does not start automatically, you may need to double click the installer file you downloaded. Once the install begins, you will be guided through the steps to install Office.
9. During the installation, you may be asked to provide the administrator username and password for your computer.
If this is a clean install of Office 2016:
If you are upgrading from Office 2011:
10. When the installation is complete, Word will open automatically. Select the Get Started button.
11. In the "Sign In to Activate Office" window, select the Sign In button. Enter your Stonehill email address and select the Next button. At the following screen, enter your Stonehill password into the Password field and click the Sign In button.
10. When the installation in complete, open your Applications folder and launch one of the Office 2016 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook or OneNote).
11. You will be prompted to allow the application to access your confidential information stored in your keychain. Select the Always Allow button. This allows Office 2016 to use your Stonehill credentials from the Office 2011 activation.
12. Choose your theme in the following screen that appears, and then select the Continue button.
13. At the "You're All Set" window, select the Start Using Word button.
14. If you would like the Office 2016 icons in your dock, drag each icon from your Applications folder into the dock.
NOTE: If you upgraded from Office 2011 to Office 2016. Follow the steps below.
Open your Applications folder.
Right-click on the Microsoft Office 2011 folder and select "Move to Trash"
Empty your trash.
If you had icons for the Office 2011 applications in your dock, click and hold each application icon and drag it out of the dock. The icon will say "Remove" above it when you move it away from the dock. Simply release the icon, and it will disappear from your dock.