hillspot wireless at Stonehill utilizes secure authentication to protect your identity and data.
Your device must be properly configured to connect to hillspot. The setup process uses XpressConnect, an automatic configuration utility that will help simplify the process. It can also be used to reconfigure hillspot if you have connection problems.
If you are unable to setup hillspot using this method, please refer to the IT web page for instructions for accessing hillspot secure wireless to try a manual setup.
Before you are able to use hillspot setup, it is necessary that java is turned on for your internet browser. To do this:
- Open up Finder by clicking in the Finder icon on the dock.
- Next, click on Applications. Open up the Utilities folder by clicking on the black triangle. Double click on Java Preferences.
- Check the check box that says Enable applet plug-in and Web Start applications and close out by using the red button on the upper left of the screen.
- Click on the wireless network icon on the notification bar.
- The list of available networks connections will appear, one of which is hillspot setup.
- Click on hillspot setup connection, and make sure there is a checkmark next to it.
- Next, open Safari, and the hillspot Wireless Setup window will appear. Click the Start button to begin the process of setting up hillspot wireless on your computer.
- Next, a Java applet window will appear. Make sure Always trust content from this publisher is checked, then click Allow.
- The Network Wizard may ask you to enter your Administrator password. Please note that this is the Administrator password for your computer, not the password to your Stonehill account. Then click OK.
- The Configuration Profile Tool may ask you to enter your Administrator password. Please note that this is the Administrator password for your computer, not the password to your Stonehill account. Then click OK.
- You will then be asked to enter your Stonehill username and password, then click Continue.
- Next, the process of setting up the hillspot wireless connection will start. You will then connect to the hillspot wireless network
And you are done! The hillspot Wireless connection is now setup on your computer, and is the default wireless network when you are on campus.