- Right click on the Wireless icon in the bottom, right corner of your System Tray.
- Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- In the "Network and Sharing Center" window, select Set up a new Connection or Network.
- In the "Manually connect to a wireless network" window, click on Manually create a network profile.
- In the "Manually Connect to a wireless network" window, set the fields as follows:
- Network Name: hillspot
- Security: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption Type: AES
- Select "Start this connection automatically"
- Select "Connect even if network is not broadcasting"
- Select Next
- In the next window, click on Change Connection Settings.
- In the "hillspot Wireless Network Properties" window, select the Security tab. Under the "Security" tab,
- Click on the Settings button to the right of Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)
- In the "Protected EAP" Properties window:
- Un-check "Verify the server's identity"
- Select "Authentication Method: Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)"
- Click Configure
- In the "EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties" window:
- Un-check "Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)"
- Then click OK
- In the "Protected EAP Properties" window, click OK.
- In the "hillspot Wireless Network Properties" window, click the Advanced button.
- Check "Specify authentication mode"
- Choose "User authentication" from the drop down
- Click Save credentials
- In the "Advanced Settings" window, click OK
- In the "hillspot Wireless Network Properties" window, click OK.
- Click the close button to exit the "Manually connect to a wireless network" window.
- You should see a white bubble pop up ("Wireless Network Connection") in bottom right hand corner of your desktop requesting additional information to connect to hillspot.
- Click this bubble.
- You should see a login box open in the center of the desktop.
- Enter your Stonehill domain username and password.
You should now be connected to the hillspot wireless network.
After entering your Network Authentication, restart your computer.
How to update you hillspot connection on Windows 8 Devices
NOTE: Choose either Option 1 or Option 2 below as your path to access the Network and Sharing Center, then continue on with step 3.
- In the Network and Sharing Center window, click on Connections: Wi-Fi (hillspot)
- In the Wi-Fi Status window, select the Wireless Properties
- In the hillspot Wireless Network Properties window, select the Security
- Select the Advanced settings
- Make sure “Specify authentication mode” is checked off and the drop-down menu is set to “User authentication.” Then select the Replace credentials
- Add your Username and new Password into their respective fields and click the OK
- Click the OK button on the Advanced Settings
- Click the OK button on the hillspot Wireless Network Properties
- Your credentials for connecting to the hillspot secure wireless network are now updated.