You need your console's physical (MAC) address to begin the registration process. To obtain it, make sure your game console is turned on, connected to the Ethernet (the network jack) in your residence room, then follow the instructions below for your specific console.
- Go to the system area of the Xbox dashboard, select Network Settings.
- Select Edit Settings.
- Under Basic Settings make sure the IP settings are on Automatic.
- Go to Additional Settings then select Advanced Settings.
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see your wired MAC address.
- On the main menu, select Settings.
- Select System Settings.
- Select System Information.
- Your MAC address will be displayed on the screen.
- From the home screen, select the Wii button in the lower left hand corner.
- Select Wii Settings, which will be the on-screen button on the right.
- Select the Right Arrow to advance to the 2nd set of settings.
- Select the Internet option.
- Select the Console Information option.
- The MAC address will be listed under "USB Ethernet Adapter MAC address."
After obtaining your console's MAC address, follow the steps below to register your gaming console with the Stonehill network.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the campus network and your game console is turned on and connected to the Ethernet (the network jack) in your residence room.
- Open Internet Explorer and browse to the registration web site. Click START to begin the gaming device registration process.
- Please enter your Stonehill username and password, your console's MAC address and select the device type. Please leave the IP Address field blank.
- When done, click Register.
If you correctly entered the required information, you will be prompted with a message that says "Device successfully registered," and you will be granted full network on the device, usually within an hour.