You need your console's physical (MAC) address to begin the registration process. To obtain it, make sure your game console is turned on, connected to the Ethernet (the network jack) in your residence room, and then follow the instructions below for your specific console.
Every residence room has wall plates with Ethernet network jacks in them. You will need an Ethernet cable to plug into the wall plate jack. The blue Ethernet jack on the left should be active, if not try the blue Ethernet jack on the right. If for some reason you’re not getting a connection please contact the Service Desk.
- Go to the system area of the Xbox dashboard, select Network Settings.
- Select Edit Settings.
- Under Basic Settings make sure the IP settings are on Automatic.
- Go to Additional Settings then select Advanced Settings.
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see your wired MAC address.
- Go to My Xbox in the Xbox Dashboard and select Settings.
- In the Settings pane, select Network.
- Select Advanced Settings from the Network Settings tab.
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Wired MAC.
- On the main menu, select Settings.
- Select System Settings.
- Select System Information.
- Your MAC address will be displayed on the screen.
- Start up your PlayStation 4 without a disk in the drive.
- Find the System Settings icon and select the X.
- Click System Information and press the X.
- Your Mac Address will display.
- From the home screen, select the Wii button in the lower left hand corner.
- Select Wii Settings, which will be the on-screen button on the right.
- Select the Right Arrow to advance to the 2nd set of settings.
- Select the Internet option.
- Select the Console Information option.
- The MAC address will be listed under "USB Ethernet Adapter MAC address."
After obtaining your console's MAC address, follow the steps below to register your gaming console with the Stonehill network.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the campus network and your game console is turned on and connected to the Ethernet (the network jack) in your residence room.
- Open Internet Explorer and browse to the registration web site. Click START to begin the gaming device registration process.
- Please enter your Stonehill username and password, your console's MAC address and select the device type. Please leave the IP Address field blank.
- When done, click Register.
If you correctly entered the required information, you will be prompted with a message that says "Device successfully registered," and you will be granted full network connectivity on the device, usually within an hour.