- Access a discussion forum and click on the Create Thread button on the action bar.
- On the Create Thread page, type a Subject and Message. You can use the content editor functions to format the text and add web links.
- Click Save Draft to store a draft of the post or click Submit to publish your reply.
- Access a forum and select a thread.
- On the thread page, you can view the text of the post and information, such as the author and posted date. All replies appear on the same page, below the parent post.
- For the first post, click Reply. Point to the post to see the Quote and Email Author buttons.
- The Quote function includes the post's text as part of your reply.
- For other posts on the page, point to the message and select the Reply button and the other functions appear.
- The page expands below the post you are responding to, allowing you to view the post and access the content editor.
- If needed, edit the Subject. Provide your reply in the Message box. Optionally, use the content editor functions to format the text and include files, images, web links, multimedia, and mashups.
On the thread page, your reply appears at the end of the list. If you attached a file, a paper clip icon appears next to the post's title. If you used the Insert/Edit Image function, the image appears with the text you provided.
Click Save Draft to store a draft of the post or click Submit to publish your reply.
For additional help with using the Student Discussion Board, please review the instructional videos listed below. Please note that if you are not already logged into eLearn, you may be prompted for your Stonehill username and password.
- Accessing the discussion board
- Viewing the discussion board threads
- Creating a discussion thread
- Replying to a discussion thread
- Using subscriptions, flags, and ratings
- Searching a discussion board
- Printing discussions
- Moderating a forum