To see instructions for your device, choose your operating system.
Remember that hillspot is only available on-campus.
- Click on the network quick-access button in the bottom, right-hand corner of your screen. Choose hillspot from the list of available networks.
- Click connect, and enter your Stonehill credentials.
- Accept the certificate when prompted. (On Windows 7, click Connect again at the Windows Security Alert popup.)
- Click the Wi-Fi symbol in the menu bar near your clock, and choose hillspot from the list of available networks.
- Enter your Stonehill credentials and click Continue.
- Enter your computer password.
- Go to the Settings app, then Wi-Fi. Choose hillspot from the list of available networks.
- Enter your Stonehill credentials.
- Click Trust when prompted for the certificate.
- Connect to hillspot.
- Set the EAP method to PEAP.
- Set Phase2 authentication to MSCHAPV2.
- Set CA Certificate to Use system certificate.
- The Domain field will appear; enter “stonehill.edu”.
- In the Identity field, enter username.
- Leave Anonymous Identity blank.
- Enter your password.
- Click Connect.
Registering media devices with an Ethernet connection such as Smart TV’s, Roku’s, Amazon Fire TV's, and Apple TV's is a manual process. To register devices like these you will need its MAC address for the Ethernet connection. Please refer to the manufacturer's instructions to find your device's MAC address. It should be a set of six 2-digit pairs, separated by colons or dashes (i.e. FH:12:G1:5C:E3:47).
Once you have the MAC address, or if you have problems finding the MAC address, email it to the IT Service Desk or call us at 508-565-4357, and we will complete the registration process.
Be aware that some wireless-only devices (such as Amazon Echo, Chromecast, and the Amazon Fire TV stick) may not behave as expected on the campus network. These devices are designed for home use and as such cannot support the level of encryption needed to connect to the secure Stonehill wireless network. Therefore, while these devices may connect to the internet though the unsecured guest network, IT cannot help you connect these devices to the secure campus wireless network hillspot or support these technologies in any way.