AirServer is installed on all the instructor workstation computers in classrooms and labs allowing instructors to mirror their iPad (and/or iPhone) for wireless projection purposes. AirServer also supports multiple simultaneous connections, so one or more students can mirror their iPads or iPhones to share their ideas and their work with the rest of the class. AirSever is also available for download on instructor laptops (please schedule an appointment with the IT Service Desk for installation).
- Log on to the instructor computer and double click to open the Airserver icon located on the desktop. Airserver will launch. ( To verify Airserver is running, check the Windows Taskbar for the AirServer icon near the system clock.)
- Confirm you are connected to hillspot on your iPad/iPhone. Since you must be on the same network as the instructor PC for mirroring to work, it is essential that hillspot is the Wi-Fi choice on the iPad/iPhone.
- Swipe up to display the Control Center on the iPad/iPhone.
- Select AirPlay.
- Choose the computer name, listed by room number. (e.g. C D205 for Duffy 205 classroom; L-D11500 for Duffy 115 Lab). You might have to scroll to find the room's computer name.
- Swipe to enable Mirroring.
- A four digit code will now be generated by AirServer and display on the computer screen. Type that code in the box that appears on the iPad and click OK. This will ensure your session is private.
- Your iPad will now mirror to the instructor computer.
- Project the instructor computer using the classroom controls.