Every faculty member is required to upload a syllabus into the syllabus content area for each eLearn course they are teaching and make the eLearn course available to students.
Before you begin, create the syllabus using either a Word or PDF file and save the file with a name in the following format: course number_semester_syllabus (e.g. BUS101_fall2015_syllabus). For more information, see syllabus guidelines.
- Open to your desired course from the "My Institution" home page.
- Make sure “Edit Mode” is on.
- Select the “Syllabus” link on the menu
- Select "Build Content”
- Choose " File"
- On the new page, enter a name in the Name field.
- Select "Browse My Computer”
- At this point, check to make sure your syllabus file name contains the following information: course number_semester_syllabus (e.g. BUS101_fall2015_syllabus). It is extremely important to follow the file naming format. Click on the file from your computer.
- Select "Open."
- On the bottom of the page, click "Submit." You do not need to change any further file settings.