The Faculty Initiatives in Technology (FIT) program enables faculty who are interested in trying new methods to engage students and enhance teaching and learning to pilot new technologies in a supported collaboration with Information Technology staff. Formal proposals submitted by faculty are evaluated based on defined criteria and two pilots per semester are possible.
- A $1000 stipend per pilot is paid during the semester the pilot occurs to participating faculty.
- IT staff provide consultative services to help with design and implementation of the pilot project.
- Experienced student assistants provide dedicated support to faculty, as required.
- Information Technology provides additional funding for technology components, such as equipment and software.
- Faculty publicize the outcomes of the pilot program in a variety of community outreach methods.