Software licenses are purchased and installed through a centralized process that ensures compatibility and benefits from discounted and volume pricing while meeting the specific needs of faculty and departments.
Faculty, Staff, Students
- Campus wide license agreements are sought when feasible to meet broad instructional or business needs, like the Microsoft Campus Agreement for Office and Windows.
- Software requests are evaluated to determine if licenses exist, ensure low academic pricing, and plan for maintenance expenses.
- Faculty can request specific software be installed in labs and classrooms before the semester starts.
- Software upgrades are planned to ensure version currency.
- Most College owned software that is available to students is installed in specific labs and classrooms. A few products are licensed for download on personal computers.
- Review the Software Availability by Location page.
- Faculty or staff with additional needs may complete a Technology Equipment and Software Request form, seek the appropriate signatures, and submit it to the Service Desk. Faculty and staff are encouraged to submit requests for software with a cost greater than $1000 in conjunction with the budget process for possible purchase in the next fiscal year.