Computers are purchased and maintained through a centralized process that ensures compatibility and benefits from volume pricing while meeting the specific needs of faculty and staff.
- Each employee with an instructional or business need is issued a single computer, laptop or desktop, based on justified need.
- Computers are procured based on standard hardware configurations to ensure needs are met, hardware and software are compatible, and purchasing is cost effective.
- Computers are renewed in a systematic process defined in the computer replacement process.
- Problems with computers are supported and repaired through the Service Desk.
- Computers for new staff are typically coordinated through the department head at the time of hire.
- Academic Affairs provides IT with a list of new Faculty who are contacted to discuss their computer needs prior to the start of their first semester.
- Faculty or staff with additional needs may complete a Technology Equipment and Software Request form, seek the appropriate signatures, and submit it to the Service Desk.