Individuals have cloud storage through their Office 365 account on the OneDrive app. Each department is provided with a secure file storage location on the central file share. These storage areas are commonly referred to as mapped, shared or network drives.
Faculty, Staff, Students, Affiliates
- OneDrive enables you to open documents on your phone or tablet, access and edit them from a web browser using Office Online or from MS Office on your desktop, or share them with others.
- Department information is consolidated into a single location on the fileshare which is automatically provisioned to faculty and staff based on their primary job.
- The fileshare is the most secure location to store College information resources and maintain compliance with our Information Security Policy.
- All data stored in the fileshare is backed up daily through enterprise backup procedures which also store backups off site to ensure recovery in the case of a disaster. Microsoft ensures backups of data stored in OneDrive.
- Files on fileshare are accessible from any computer on the campus network or connected remotely via VPN.
- Refer to the knowledge base resources found under the File Storage with Fileshare or File Storage with OneDrive heading.