Access to the campus network is provided through wireless connections in all buildings on campus and in the plaza in front of MacPhaidin Library.
Students, Faculty, Staff, Affiliates and Guests
- Secure access is provided through the hillspot wireless network ensuring identity protection and encrypted data transmission.
- State of the art access points enable 802.11 a/b/g/n capability at speeds up to 450 Mbps.
- An easy setup utility is available as hillspot setup to automatically configure most devices to use hillspot.
- A Guest wireless network allows visitors direct access to resources on the internet and ensures the security of college resources.
- Members of the college community that have a Stonehill account and are on campus can browse to http://hillspotsetup.stonehill.edu/ to configure their device for hillspot wireless, or follow the configuration instructions on the knowledge base, found under the Wired & Wireless Network Access category.
- Hillspot wireless users will be prompted to register their computer through Device Registration before their wireless connection will work.
- Guests visiting the Stonehill campus can select the Guest network from their device’s wireless settings. Guests should understand that the Guest network does not provide encryption.
- Refer to the following knowledge base resources, found under the Wired & Wireless Network Access category.