Access to the campus network is provided through network data jacks in residence hall rooms, offices, classrooms, conference rooms and other spaces to enable a secure, high speed network connection.
Students, Faculty, Staff, Affiliates
- Reliable network connections are available in convenient locations on campus.
- Direct wired connections are secure.
- A wired connection provides dedicated bandwidth appropriate for voice and video applications, unlike wireless which is shared.
- Students can register and connect their gaming devices to the network.
- If you are in a classroom with a laptop, a network cable is available on the podium.
- Plug your Ethernet cable into any active wall jack and the corresponding port on your computer. If the device has not been registered, you will be prompted to register your computer through Device Registration before the connection will work.
- Guests of Stonehill who need a wired connection should follow the instructions for guest access to the wired network.
- Refer to the knowledge base resources found under the Device Registration heading for assistance.