Access to the campus network is provided through network data jacks in residence hall rooms, offices, classrooms, conference rooms and other spaces to enable a secure, high speed network connection.
Students, Faculty, Staff, Affiliates
- Reliable network connections are available in convenient locations on campus.
- Direct wired connections are secure.
- A wired connection provides dedicated bandwidth appropriate for voice and video applications, unlike wireless which is shared.
- Students can register and connect their gaming devices to the network.
- If you are in a classroom with a laptop, a network cable is available on the podium.
- Plug your Ethernet cable into any active wall jack and the corresponding port on your computer.
- If you are in a non-residence location, your network access should simply begin working.
- If you are in a residence hall, you will be prompted to register your computer through the Device Registration before your connection will work.
- Refer to the following knowledge base resources for Device Registration, found under the Device Registration category.