A Stonehill username and password are used to gain access to most technology services including the campus network, email, the myHill portal, and the eLearn learning management system. The username is created as an account in Microsoft Active Directory and access privileges are based on an individual’s role at Stonehill.
Students, Faculty, Staff, Affiliates, and Retirees
- Protection of personal and identity information is ensured by requiring strong passwords which are defined on the Secure Passwords page.
- Passwords must be changed at least twice per year to enhance security. The password change service enables the change from anywhere.
- Usernames are created using first initial and last name plus a number (if needed) and are permanently associated with an individual. Requests for username changes may be submitted to the Service Desk after completing a legal name change through the Registrar (students) or Human Resources.
- Access to myHill and eLearn is automatic based on role.
- Individuals who need access to information systems like Banner may request authorization using an Account Request Form.
- Account terminations are managed automatically for students based on their status and employees based on information from Human Resources.
- New students receive an email notification from IT containing their username and password in mid-May, or soon after confirming enrollment.
- Employees receive a letter from IT containing their username and password after employment information is entered in Banner HR. It can be mailed to home address or picked up at the Service Desk.
- Affiliates may request an account by submitting an Account Request Formand an Affiliate Information Formto the Service Desk which includes their specific needs and with authorization of a department head.
- Refer to the knowledge base resources found under the Usernames & Passwords heading for assistance.